Cough & Sore Throat
Relief from cough, aches and pains, fever, and sore throat.
Use only as directed.
A Tip From Dr. T
Does your kid have a severe sore throat? Oy, it could be strep throat. Keep an eye out for red and swollen tonsils and painful swallowing – two other signs of strep throat. Your doctor can perform a test to know for sure.
Join us on Facebook for more tips from Dr. T.
- minor aches and pains
- minor sore throat pain
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- temporarily reduces fever
Active ingredients (in each 5 mL, 1 teaspoonful)
Dextromethorphan HBr160 mg
5 mgPain reliever/fever reducer
Cough suppressantAcetaminophen, also known as paracetamol, should not be taken with other medicines that also contain acetaminophen. Acetaminophen is contained in many medicines to treat pain, fever, symptoms of cold and flu, and sleep medicines. Do not take more than recommended dose, as this may be harmful, including serious harm to your liver. If you have liver or kidney disease, talk to your doctor before taking acetaminophen.
- each teaspoonful contains: sodium 3 mg
- contains no aspirin
- store at controlled room temperature 20°-25°C (68°-77°F). Protect from light.
- close cap tightly
Inactive ingredientsanhydrous citric acid, calcium sulfate, carrageenan, D&C red no. 33, edetate disodium, FD&C red no. 40, flavor, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, polysorbate 80, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucralose, tribasic sodium phosphate, xanthan gum
Questions or comments?
- temporarily relieves:
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- do not give more than directed
- shake well before use
- may be given every 4 hours, while symptoms persist. Do not give more than 5 doses in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor.
- use enclosed dosing cup only. Keep for use with this product only.
Do not use any other dosing device.
Dosechildren under 4 years of age
children 4 to under 6 years of age
children 6 to under 12 years of agedo not use
1 teaspoonful (5 mL)
2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL)
WarningsAllergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes
- skin reddening
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Do not use
- in a child under 4 years of age
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease) or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child’s prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the child is taking the blood-thinning drug warfarin
- liver disease
- chronic cough that lasts, or as occurs with asthma
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage
Stop use and ask a doctor if
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.